Roswinn Pet Hospital Statement on COVID-19
We’re committed to keeping clients and staff safe during COVID-19 with New Hospital Protocol.
Veterinary care is an essential part of our community and we want to assure you our hospital will remain open and fully functional as long as we can offer a safe and healthy environment for you, your pets, and our hospital teams. We remain committed to delivering exceptional care to your pet, while doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including careful monitoring of the health and well-being of our staff.
Over the past few weeks we have taken a series of precautionary steps at our hospitals, including frequent cleaning, disinfection, sanitizing surfaces and access to hand sanitizer for our associates and clients.
In addition to the steps we’re taking to protect everyone who works in and visits our hospitals, we kindly ask that you take the following precautions before visiting our hospital.
1. Curbside Appointments Only to mitigate the spread of COVID-19
- Upon arrival at the hospital, please remain in your vehicle and call us.
- After receipt of the call, we will check you in as soon as possible from outside the hospital.
- If you believe you need to be inside our facility, please discuss that request in advance with the Hospital Manager and/or attending veterinarian.
- If you are at the hospital to pick up food or medication, please remain in your car outside the hospital and call the front desk. We will deliver your order to your car as quickly as possible.
2. Home Delivery
- Pet Food and Medications including prescriptions. Supplements, can be ordered through our MyVetStore Online. Visit our homepage, www.roswinnpethospital.com and click our online pharmacy. Our doctor can approve your orders and may tell you further instruction if needed. You can use our online pharmacy we know the best about our patient’s history.
There’s no doubt that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is creating challenges for all of us, both personally and professionally. First and foremost, we hope that you, your family and your pet(s) are remaining safe and healthy. We are writing to keep you informed of our recommendations as well as the steps we are taking in order to continue offering the care your pets need while providing you, and our associates a safe environment.
Again, We always keep our hospital clean and disinfected, and we have increased both the frequency and scope of these cleanings in accordance with CDC recommendations to help ensure both our clients and associates are kept safe. Similarly, hand washing hygiene is critically important in a hospital, a step we continue to emphasize to staff and clients.
Thank you for understanding and cooperation.